Resources for Internet/IP Law News
Fordham Law School
28 March 2007
Where to Start (But Not Stop)
Internet Law News
Law and Legal Profession Blogs
Only on the Internet
Keeping Track of Things
Printing to digital form
- PDF: On a Mac, hit print (command-P) and click the “Save as PDF” button.
- PDF: On a PC, install PDF995, which lets you print to a PDF file (free if you don’t mind ignoring a “please buy me” window now and then.)
- Screen capture: On a Mac: use Applications > Utilities > Grab to take a picture of a window.
- Screen capture: On a PC, hit Alt+PrintScreen, which copies a picture of the current window to the clipboard. Then you can paste it anywhere (e.g. in a Word document).
Questions to Ask About Online Research
- How do I find it?
- Who wrote it, and how?
- Is it reliable for the purpose I’m consulting it?
- Will it tell me where else to look?
- Will my audience find it an appropriate source?
- How do I make sure that it doesn’t change on me?
- How can I enable my audience to see what I saw there?